Why (not) Impel
We can tell you that Impel's the best thing since sliced bread (or canned beer, depending on when in the week you're reading this), but the fact of the matter is, we work best in some situations and not in others. We're a great fit if some of these things are true:
- You have at least 10 people who'll need access. Impel is designed for more-than-average complexity in terms of business processes. With a super-small team, you may not need the things that we bring to the table. Take a look at this list of What's Cool in Impel - maybe you don't need this kind of stuff.
- You have people operating in at at least three distinct "roles". By "role", we don't mean Salesperson and Salesperson's Manager. We mean things like Sales, Operations and Delivery. Or Sales, Finance and Support. This is because, with the breadth of functionality that Impel offers, it makes sense to sign up only if you plan to use at least a third of the "base objects" that we support.
- You have - or will have - the need for Workflows. We'd love to sign you up right now, but we've seen that customers who don't need email/SMS alerts, triggers or timed actions are served as well by any of the many systems out there. If, on the other hand, you need - or will need soon - workflows like some of our customers have, then we should be talking.
- You want offline, Android access to not just pre-Sales data but things like Orders, Invoices, Collections and the like. Impel Touch is completely configurable, and that's part of the problem: unless you need to, say, add an Order on your handset, you'll do as well installing any of the CRMs you'll see on Google Play.
- Between Form and Function, you lean towards the latter. We'll say it first: we're not the prettiest product out there. We're doing everything we can to spruce up our look, but we still have this "industrial" look, in a sense. So we're like "Industrial-strength, Industrial-look", if that works for you.
- You're OK with someone else doing some of the more complex configurations. Some of Impel's most powerful features are well-hidden behind terrible-looking user-interfaces - pages that we dare not show our customers. So we request that things like Workflow Configuration, for example, are best left to our Partners (for now) - tell us what you want and we'll turn that around ASAP.
Log in, poke around, look at what's cool in Impel, ask us questions - we'll honestly tell you if we're not a good fit for you. If we are, we'll make sure we remain so for ever and ever.