Apart from the many things you can keep track of in Impel, there are a number of features that work across Objects, to make things easier for you day in and day out. Some of them are:
- Ad Hoc Reports. You know your business, so we won't foist canned reports that give you a lot of data with no information. Instead, build your own reports. Build charts on them. Build pivots on them. Build charts on your pivots (yes, we're not kidding). And, set up your reports to come to you as email, every night or week or month.
- API access. You can pull and push data from Impel to any other system programmatically using our comprehensive SOAP APIs. Here's all the low-down on that.
- Configurability. Just about anything in Impel is configurable. By you as a User, by an Admin user or by a Tech Partner, depending on how complex the requirement is. Here's a detailed description of all that's possible. You can see a list of what's configurable and how here.
- Data Imports. Import data into any Object in Impel. Import data into supported combinations (Accounts and their Contacts, for example). Cut-and-paste from parts of a chart that you have. Whatever. Get going in four clicks.
- Email Client. An integrated email client within Impel gives you the ability to read and write emails directly. The neat thing is, every email is automatically tagged with the Contact record of the people you're connecting with. And you can add an incoming email as a Lead or a Ticket with one click.
- Email-to-Anything. You can configure Impel to grok pretty much any kind of email from other systems, as long as it is in a predictable format, and map its data into specific Objects and Fields in Impel. To begin with, you can use this to create Tickets in Impel automatically from emails sent to your company's Support ID. But you can do kinds of neat stuff with this, including use it as a platform for integration with other systems that you access.
- End-of-Day Alerts. You can make Impel work for you - even when you are not working. Build a report, set it up to come to you in HTML or Excel format every day/week/month. Everything you want to know about how your business is doing - right in your inbox.
- Everything - and anything - in your hands. Impel Touch is a completely-configurable mobile platform that delivers just the data that each user needs, in the layout that s/he needs. And that includes not just the usual suspects of Accounts, Contacts, etc. but things like Orders, Invoices, Collections, etc.
- In-app Support. Ticket submission, Live Chat, Knowledge base access and more - all natively from within YOUR mobile app - with the dftly SDK. Enhance your mobile customer experience and improve retention with 1-click access to your Support team. As easy as sending a text message.
- Omnichannel Support. No matter how your customer connects to you, you're there, available and informed. S/he sent an email an hour ago and called you? Your agent sees the email as a ticket, with a history of other interactions. She chats with you from your website? Your agent sees the same pop-up, with all the details. Like magic!
- Push Notifications. Imagine if, instead of your clicking on tabs and refreshing lists, the system would tell you when data has changed. An Agent has been assigned a Ticket; a salesperson has received a new Lead; an Admin person has to process a new Invoice. Pretty much any event in Impel can be "pushed" to the appropriate user, so s/he knows what to do when just by being logged in.
- SMS Commands. One of the coolest features of Impel is its ability to take instructions from users (and from your customers!) just via text messages. Apart from the out-of-the-box SMS Commands that we support, you can build your own, too, to get data into Impel or change data as needed.
- User Chat. You have a question about something, you know someone else in your organization can help you, but how can you connect with him/her? Simple, with Impel Chat. Click on an icon in the banner, key in that user's ID and start a conversation. See a list of your most recent correspondents, so you can save the typing. And go back and look at conversations, so you never lose information.
- Workflows. One of the most powerful features of Impel is its Workflow Engine. You can set up Rules for various conditions of data. And for each Rule, you can set up a whole slew of Actions - assign a record, alert a user, create another record. update something else, even communicate with an outside system via HTTP. Here's a more detailed list of Impel's Workflow capabilities.